11/14/2009

Finnair Airbus A-340-300 OH-LQB 1/144

This Airbus model is among the best ones I've ever made, partly because it is just the livery I wanted and just the plane I wanted.





Original kit decals were for Austrian "Wiener Filharmoniker" and SAS, the former would have been nice too but in reality there was no other choice but Finnair.







Finnair decals are made by TwoSix Decals, UK and they are laser printed.







I've seen the original plane and had some reference photos of my own too, so it was an easy build reference-wise.







Building the model took time, but it was just because of the sheer size, the Revell kit itself was good quality. All painting was done by airbrush with Revell enamels. The "Finnair blue" on engine nacelles is tad too dark but I had to match it to the decals.




Quite a task but well worth it, my son says it's just like the real thing and I tend to agree!

No comments: