7/16/2011

Emirates Boeing 777-200 "A6-EMJ" 1/144 Minicraft/F-DCAL

Although it feels sometimes I don't get anything ready, here's a scale airliner I managed to finish recently. This project took time but it wasn't particularily difficult, of course there were hitches here and there along the way and decals were a bit tricky to use.

I've always wanted an Emirates scale model and luckily there was this combination Minicraft 777 and F-DCAL decals available. This livery is one of the most stylish modern designs in my opinion, if the plane has to be a white giant tube then this is the way to go. Golden logos, flashy but simple tail flag motif and Arabic text is a classy combination. The Boeing 777 itself is somewhat nondescript and generic modern airliner from the outside if you ask me, I prefer the classic 20th century airliner models in general but every now and then a modern plane is refreshing variety.








No comments: