11/14/2009

N-scale Ford Anglia vignette

Here's a small vignette which purpose was to practise for a larger airport diorama in the future. I got an Airfix Trident second-hand kit and found N-scale Ford Anglias from Osborn's Models, UK and thought they might look interesting together.

This vignette is really simple and basic, but I intend to keep the same attitude in the actual diorama too. Yet my wife liked it so much she keeps it as a small working desk decoration.




I haven't really done any dioramas worth mentioning before, so I thought a small vignette built into a tiny jewelry box would be a good start.






The old couple is from a N-scale Noch set titled 'Reisende' or 'Travellers', product number N36225. The white 60's Ford Anglia is a Graham Farish model, product number 379-901. These were all purchased at the Osborn's Models' webstore. The parking lot asphalt is 2000-grit wet-or-dry sanding paper, grass is from Noch. Glues used were white glue for the grass and paper and cyanoacrylate for the car and figures.


N-scale is really small, the Anglia looks a bit rough through a supermacro lens but in reality it looks quite good. I'm also satisfied with the Noch figures, as I didn't have to paint them myself. N-scale isn't actually exactly same as the 1/144th scale, but I think it is close enough for my diorama purposes!

No comments: