1/06/2009

Lufthansa DC-3 (C-47) "D-CADI"

This DC-3 is the old and good Italeri kit #132 in 1/72nd scale built out-of-the-box with kit decals. I built this model quite a long time ago and started my Lufthansa collection with it.




From Künnapuu, Ants: 100 Ōhusōidukit. Illusteerinud V.Tōnisson (Valgus, Tallinn, 1975)










Other decal options were 2 Swiss airlines, KLM, Air France and Alitalia. I recall it was a easy build and lots of fun. As a matter of fact, I'm building this same kit from Revell reboxing using the old Air France decals and original instructions.



I found generic Lufthansa DC-3 pictures for reference from the Airliners.net, but some details may still be inaccurate for this particular airplane. As many civil DC-3s of the time, it was converted from a C-47 military transport after the war.





This model was painted by hand with Revell enamels and glosscoats. I still like to paint some of my 1/72 scale models partly by brush instead of an airbrush, because it gives a subtle touch for the finish and looks better to my eye.



I like this particular Lufthansa classic 1950's livery, because it suits every airliner they used at that time and even the modern Airbus 320 painted in retro colours today.

No comments: