2/11/2010

Pan Am Boeing 727-200 Clipper Charmer Minicraft 1/144

The Boeing 727 is a classic airliner of the 700-series and the Minicraft kit is not bad at all. There should be tons of aftermarket decals available in this scale, but I liked the Minicraft stock Pan Am billboard livery.





All-white fuselage should be correct for this plane, although the silver-gray bottom was more common.







Kit quality was good and this was an easy build, I corrected some minor details like #2 engine intake and tail top as they were easy to do. I'm not sure about the nose shape, it's close enough for me but some say Minicraft never got their Boeing nose right.





Decals were really good: thin but not fragile. The Pan Am blue looks a bit dark and slightly odd shade but that's just nitpicking, overall this model is well above average in my Boeing collection. I'd like to try the Airfix version too as it's been re-released recently.

No comments: